1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex between coach and student

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thegrifter, Nov 16, 2007.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

You're being glib.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well just hiring women to coach girls might not stop some woman-on-girl action.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

See the accusations at LSU.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Yup. and Yup.

5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Did a story like that a couple of years ago. But that will give me a way of bringing up the topic with the coach and player.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Might keep down the pregnancy rate, eh? :D

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ignore it.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks dan.

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

One year I think we had five or six coaches jump jobs within two or three leagues one year and all but one of them I heard rumors of "coach on student" action involved. We had another quit and go to a different school for a promotion the year before and heard the same thing about him. All of this happens the year after one coach is fired and goes to jail for having a relationship with a student. You talk about one guy making life hell for everyone else.

10. it's got to be hoax...why would they say before or after. Seems like they would just make the accusation. You probably got it from the parent of the kid she replaced in the starting lineup.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cannot confirm the sex-in-school part, but I was surprised to learn after I had left my first weekly job that no less than three of the coaches at the school I covered had wound up marrying former students.

12. trend story

Draft saved Draft deleted