1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex and the village -- the Olympic Village, that is

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da man, Aug 25, 2008.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

just look at what the LPGA allows women to play in on the course to see how things have changed the last 10 years.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Ah yes, because it's the clothes that make the slut.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

You know what I mean. My intent was to say how socially acceptable sexuality has become in the last 10 years.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

People have been fucking like mad for forever.

PREMARITAL SEX IS NEARLY UNIVERSAL AMONG AMERICANS, AND HAS BEEN FOR DECADES

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah but America is still way behind a lot of other countries when it comes to sexuality.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We're very behind in accepting that it's a normal part of being human. We're uncomfortable with the idea of sex to a large extent. It's why a movie can be horrendously violent and get a PG13 rating, but if you see a boob, it's an R.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would think that violence would be more damaging than seeing a boob.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Some people don't see it that way though Buck. My dad's wife (not my mom, but I can't call her my stepmom) would let her kids see all those Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th films and not think twice about it but they couldn't see any thing with sex in it. They are kind of fucked up now.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh my, WJ.

Olympic athletes are, in fact, often big drinkers. They may not imbibe often while training, especially as the Games get closer, but it is a free for all once they're released from the team on foreign soil. And the amount of pent up sluttiness (in guys and girls) is off the charts.

If it has been your life-long dream to hump a gold medalist, get your ass to London in 2012 and bribe your way into the athlete-only Speedo Party, the Nike party, an evening at Club Bud. You will see, and perhaps experience, some freaky shit.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Plus they wear ugly striped sweaters.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Not the Bill Cosby style sweaters, those are stylish.

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I've always noted Americans are really uptight when it comes to alcohol and sex but, by God, try to take away our right to bear arms and you got a fight on your hands!

Draft saved Draft deleted