1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex and the village -- the Olympic Village, that is

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da man, Aug 25, 2008.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A two-time Olympic athlete -- OK, so he was a table tennis player -- says there's more action in the Village than on the field, court, pool or track. Apparently, once an athlete's competition is over, the real games begin.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4582421.ece

Guess I should have practiced harder like coach said.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Was brought up in the Olympics thread when it first appeared.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is like a huge surprise. BFD

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

And watch out for the Chinese gymnasts. Even if you get age confirmation, you can't trust them. You don't want to end up in a Beijing labor camp.

5. I guess I'm always surprised to hear any time that women are giving it up freely - mostly because it always seemed so damned hard to get anywhere in my day. I mean, even if a woman was totally willing for a consensual good time, you'd have the girl rescue squad showing up 30 seconds after the door closed.

And I can't imagine the Olympians are huge drinkers, so that takes that out of play.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Actually, they are once competition ends. Especially the Aussies.

7. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

This pretty much applies to most elite level athletes. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area (right next to Stanford in Palo Alto), and Stanford stadium hosted many of the matches when the U.S. hosted the world cup in 1994. The Brazilian national soccer team stayed in a hotel nearby in Los Gatos, and lets just stay that the stories of how out of control their partying was are still legendary in those parts.

8. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

And now you live in a van down by the river?

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Well played.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I take it you weren't an Olympic table tennis player. Chicks just can't resist.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Who hasn't been cockblocked by the girl rescue squad? I just hate 'em so much.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

True that Mustang. When girls go out they never go out alone, they have to bring all their friends with them. That significantly decreases the guys chance of hooking up.

Draft saved Draft deleted