1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Several shot at Phoenix office building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/national/phoenix-office-building-scene-of-possible-shooting-multiple-injuries-police-say

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We should really have a running thread for this.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's all a plot, I tell ya, a plot!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

As long as he didn't use automatic weapons, it's no big deal.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The suspect, only identified as a white male, then shot the victims and left the building, Thompson said.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Older white guy -- was in mediation on a mortgage issue, didn't like the way it was going, started shooting.

Still on the loose in a rental car.

Making my day an interesting one.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The government should assign an armed law enforcement officer to accompany every American citizen where that citizen goes [/NRA]

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Teachers get first choice of weapons, then mortgage mediators.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn this is truly scary. You can make fun of lawyers all you want, but the fundamental principle is that it is the clients who bring the claims, not the lawyers, we're just hired help. You have a problem, it should be with the client.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Technology is just a strange thing sometimes.

We were covering this live. We knew the SWAT team was surrounding his house, but didn't know who the guy was. Our chopper was hovering over the scene and gave us the rough cross streets of the house, but couldn't identify a house number.

I got on Google Maps and cruised through the area until I found a house than matched the one in the helicopter shot. Switched to the street view and not only was the house number painted on the curb -- allowing us to search the property and find his name -- but the dude was in his front yard raking leaves when the Google car passed him, so we had a decent photo of him. (Didn't use the name or the image until we could determine they were the suspect, of course, but it turned out to be him.)

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Now there is a job creation idea... :)

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted