1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Several Republican presidential candidates oppose abortion in all circumstances. That's terrifying'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rome apples and Granny Smith apples.

You're welcome to explain in my example exactly where the apple turns into an orange.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes. I'd have a lot more respect for the pro-life position if some of those people cared half as much for the baby's well-being after he or she was born.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup. It's always the fetus's fault.

4. Smallpotatoes

So even though it's not the victim's fault she was raped, she still has a responsibility to carry the pregnancy to term?

5. old_tony

Do you think children as a whole are treated better in areas where the majority of people are pro-life or do you believe that children are treated better as a whole in areas where the majority of people are pro-choice?

How do you think after-they-were-born babies are treated in those precincts that voted 100% for Obama? I'm going to bet it is much worse than in areas where the great majority voted for Romney.

6. Smallpotatoes

Well, since there tend to be more people on public assistance in red states than blue, I'll give you that one.

7. old_tony

So it is or isn't your position that pro-lifers treat after-they're-born babies worse than pro-choicers? I'd really like you to clear this up.

Or is it just your position that you simply don't like pro-lifers even though they actually treat the after-they're-born babies better than the pro-choicers?

8. Smallpotatoes

Maybe they treat their own better, but you think they care much about others?

9. old_tony

You're the one who brought motives into this. Do you not think they should treat their own better? Do you treat your neighbor's kids better than your own kids? If you don't, does that make you a bad person?

10. Smallpotatoes

What do you think a rape victim's responsibility is if she becomes pregnant from a rape?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To see that the child lives and is placed with an organization that can take care of it and hopefully find it a home.

Sometimes we can be terribly inconvenienced when doing the right thing.

12. Smallpotatoes

Is this something she needs to think about before she gets raped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.