1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Several Republican presidential candidates oppose abortion in all circumstances. That's terrifying'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert!

This is all new to me.

Big Circus likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's controversial because if you believe all life is sacred, you wouldn't want the woman to carry a life-endangering pregnancy, as Dr. Carson seems to want. He must not think a pregnant woman's life is sacred.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. I totally get that one.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is having sex a lifestyle choice?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have a hard time telling a rape victim "Hey, tough darts. You should have thought about this before you were raped."

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As long as we're into hypothetical "tellings," how comfortable are you telling the fetus, "Hey, tough darts. You should have thought about this before you were conceived"?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. I was just telling my psychiatrist the other day that what SJ.com really lacked was an abortion thread.

8. Smallpotatoes

It's not the rape victim's fault so she should have no responsibility.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Let's say someone leaves a baby on someone's doorstep.

The homeowner is not at fault here. He/she was put in a bad position by someone else.

Yet he/she damn well has a responsibility to do SOMETHING for the welfare of this child.

10. Smallpotatoes

Apples and oranges.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it since everyone knows the female body secretes juices that keep a pregnancy from happening during s rape.

By the way the flip side of this argument is a Starman favorite.

If you really believe abortion providers are killing babies you should, by any means necessary, stop them.

If that means shooting them with a sniper rifle or blowing up the clinic, then you should. That's the way God wants it.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you believe all life is sacred then you would believe that all children deserve universal health care and free college education

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.