1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seven more

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, May 20, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

What is the purpose of dragging my name into this? More importantly, why am I on your mind?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

More importantly, why are you responding to every dig at you yet telling everyone how being blocked/hated doesn't bother you in the least?

Move on, dude.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're the Priscilla to his Elvis ...

4. boots

boots New Member

I am moving on dude. I just can't get over why I can't read a post and my name is sullied for no good reason. It makes no sense but you can't see my point of view.

5. boots

boots New Member

And thts's pretty sad

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the point is, a ton of middle class dollars are being spent to fund a war where only the rich become richer. the price? lower middle class american's lives ... and oh yeah, the lives of 1,000s, and 1,000s and 1,000s of innocent women and children.

bush/cheney, a human grocery store.

let freedom fucking ring.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bullshit - WMD ... remember that?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how many more people's lives will be ruined monday? how many more dollars do cheney and his killers makes monday?

let freedom fucking ring. bastards.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You don't know what it's like to be a patriot, TP.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know what byh? i started this thread because of guilt. i was getting ready to lay down and take a nap this afternoon, and the last thing i heard on the news before heading to bed was that seven kids were killed sunday in iraq. at first the news was nothing more than a number to me, until i laid down and tried to sleep.

but i couldn't nod off and i started thinking. about then i pictured seven different mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters and the pain they'll feel when they're told their loved ones died, died to find weapons of mass destruction while cheney's boys roll in and make a ROI of 100 percent or more while making billions of dollars cleaning up the blood.

anybody who doesn't think bush was in charge of the coordinated misinformation of WMDs before invading iraq is stoned. that's only evidenced in the fact the killers -- our administration -- have redefined the mission 14 or 15 times since "mission accomplished." ... and we continue to wonder why anyone would want to do harm to the good ole USofA.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Thanks for explaining why you brought this up, TP. I may not agree with everything you say, but I respect your reasoning.

I think about those losses every day when I read them in the paper, and every time I visit the veterans' cemetery.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jimmy, no problem man. i probably shoulda made that my first post.

Draft saved Draft deleted