1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seven more

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, May 20, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

another seven kids died today in iraq while cheney and the boys at halliburton made another million.

seven 20-something's family's lives were ruined today, and for what? what was accomplished today other than seven kids died and the rich made some coin?

let freedom fucking ring. bastards.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm ignoring somebody.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you're either with us or against us henry. kill our kids for money or be against the war.

what do you choose henry?

bastards.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I'll gladly join you in that crusade, Henry. Man, rants like this are getting old.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hey Jack, the rants will get old when soldiers stop getting killed for no fucking reason in Iraq.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the dismissiveness is what shocks me the most. seven is nothing more than a number to people like jack and henry.

seven family's lives were literally crushed today. for what? really, what was accomplished today other than fat cats made a lotta coin?

bastards.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Deaths like this are getting old, too.

You know any of 'em yourself? Sadly, I know too well that you'd be singing a different tune if you did.

8. it's just an unspeakable tragedy that Bush and his henchmen continue to let this happen

Bush is a murderer

forget impeachment. he should be in prison

I hope there is a hell for him to spend eternity in

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You've clearly been doing a lot of ignoring since March 2003.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Yes, I have known some of the dead and their families. And not one of them said they died for nothing.

That being said... Bring them all home today. Get out of there, get out of Korea, get out of Europe, get out of everywhere we are wasting money "protecting" freedom. We have plenty of protecting to do inside our borders.

And screw you, Petty, and your linking everything to your hatred of Bush/Cheney/Halliburton/Nike/Pepsi/WTF ever.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Screw you jimmymcd for not recognizing who's hands are covered in blood: Bush, Cheney, Halliburton and the rest of the republicans.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The ones I know never said that, either.

But, boy, those families would rather have their kids back than to have had them "die for something." Especially when it all could have been avoided.

Draft saved Draft deleted