1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"seven" just finishing up on tnt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 28, 2007.

1. I haven't seen The Game (it's high on the Netflix cue), but Seven is a much better film than Panic Room to me. I liked PC, but not enough to buy it.
    Everyone like The Game?

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Fight Club..... that was a 7-Up movie to me.

Never got it, never will.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, what happens is that when Morgan Freeman opens the box, there is a split-second flash of just Gwenyth Paltrow's head (similar, actually, to the split-second flashes of Brad Pitt in Fight Club). It doesn't necessarily look dismembered, but the intent is clear. It is her head in a box.

Oh, and I really enjoyed 'The Game,' though I don't think it merits inclusion in a discussion of Seven and Fight Club, which are both a level above it.

4. The thing about Fight Club is you have to watch it repeatedly. You start to see first all the clues in it. You catch all the comedy. Then you start to see the true brilliance of Tyler's character. You understand how there is some truth to what Tyler is saying, but he obviously goes WAY too far with it.
    The thing I always say is Fight Club is a movie with a twist ending that would be great without the twist.
    While I enjoyed The Sixth Sense, I can't say the same for that.

5. Simon_Cowbell

The Game is far above Fight Club to me.

6. Simon_Cowbell

I'll watch Fight Club again, but I think it is a niche product. Highly inaccessible.

Perhaps I'm way off. I'll try it again.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

to me, any movie you have to see more than once to appreciate isn't a classic flick. "seven" hits you hard from the get-go and stays with you for days. 8) :eek: :eek: 8)

8. Well, to me any movie that gets better with each viewing is a classic, and Fight Club is like that. I'm telling you, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody, but I've watched it a whole bunch of times and I still see new things in it. You have to watch the background, listen to what is actually said, pay attention to what people are doing, etc.
    I thought it was really good the first time I saw it. I've thought it was better and better each time since.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I think SEVEN and FIGHT CLUB are both great movies that have their own individual merits.

I do like SEVEN a lot, and one of my neighbors wrote the screenplay. However, there's a ton of inside jokes with FIGHT CLUB. It bears repeated viewings to begin to understand them all. One of the insider notes is here:

After the last shot of the movie, when Ed Norton is watching the buildings crumble to the ground, after that, and before the credits roll, it looks like there's a glitch in the film. Pause the glitch for a really funny surprise that references an earlier part of the film.

Draft saved Draft deleted