1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"seven" just finishing up on tnt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Seriously? I am watching X-Files on TNT right now and I am so confused.

2. Correct. You never see it. On the commentary, Fincher talks about how a woman wanted to fight him at a party for showing the head, and he was unable to convince her that it was never shown (in fact they never even filmed it).
    It's a great film, but one thing on the commentary bothers me. Brad Pitt says, "This is the clostest thing to a perfect movie I've done." Fincher shoots back with, "What about Fight Club?"
    I'm with him. Seven is great, but Fight Club is just amazing. And I can't wait to see Zodiac.

3. Of course I recount that story and it's the lead in the linked article. Damn, aren't I smooth?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry. "fight club" is good, but it's no "seven." 8) 8) 8)

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I think Fight Club is one of the finest movies ever made.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

well, i feel that way about "seven." guess we agree to disagree, then.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Fair.

Seven is an outstanding movie, so I hold no ill will for your love for it.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And yet, it's a better book.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'll definitely check that out.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I disagree. It's certainly worth a read if you liked the movie, but I think a lot of the style Fincher brought to the movie really enhances it. The way he lights the movie, the camera movements, etc. are among the best things about the movie.

11. Books are always better than movie, but to me, Fight Club is a good book and a great movie (one of the best ever, in my estimation).
    Plus there are a few things in the movie that work great with the story (like the narrator having a car wreck when he deals with car crash stats for a living) that aren't in the book.
    And like I said, Fight Club is simply better than Seven. There will be no argument about this. If you disagree, I'll make you eat until you explode. Or I'll chain you to a bed and watch you waste away over the course of a year.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

"Fight Club" beats the shit out of "Seven" (big surprise that a cat with this screen name thinks that?)....hell "The Game" and "Panic Room" were better than "Seven".

Draft saved Draft deleted