1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seven children among 14 dead in Montana plane crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Mar 22, 2009.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Re: Numerous children among 17 dead in Montana plane crash

I've seen and taken part in many stupid arguments on this site, but really?

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Three families. The father of one was the pilot.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/03/23/montana.plane.crash/index.html

3. jps

jps Active Member

tony, start your own thread with the question asked. this isn't the place for it. and, in any case, you're going to be the only one on your side of the argument.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Reports that icing conditions similar to what caused the Buffalo crash may have existed. Concerns about overloading appear to be diminishing, as all seven children were under age 10 and five were 5 or younger.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i were a parent of one or more of those kids, i'd die happy knowing i was on-board.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wouldn't

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Perhaps ... LESS anxiety stricken... NOT happy.

8. Armchair_QB

I have a hard time understanding how the fact you would be dying with your children would make anyone happy or less anxiety stricken.

Frankly, I think that's an idiotic belief of people who think they can put a happy face on a tragedy.

You can't.

Stop trying.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

My son is flying today without me. If my wife and him are going down, I'd rather be with them. I think.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I agree with Lester. When we all fly, I don't get anxious. We're together... when me and little Digress fly without hubby, it's much harder. It would be awful to leave him behind.... not that any of that eases this tragedy. Prop planes should be outlawed.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If I'm going to lose my son, I'd kinda prefer to be with him in those last moments. If that were the only way for it to happen...well...that's a parent's love for you. Who said it made sense?

12. Armchair_QB

I won't argue that. However in this case the kids died because the parents were too cheap to fly commercial. That should have been their last thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted