1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Settle an argument...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Do you mix milk in with your eggs when you scramble them, before you pour them in the pan?

1. Yes

65.3%
  2. No

34.7%
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't even know what that is.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You don't want to know. Trust me.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you wisk the eggs, they'll fluff. It's the air introduced during the wisking that adds the fluffiness.
    The milk is a myth, like Jesus.

4. imjustagirl

I just made an omelet sandwich. I used a fork, like I always do. Whisked it though, so I introduced air. And it's goooood.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No Scrapple in KY?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others are added. The mush is cast into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.

6. Tebow is quite real, sir. If you impugn Him again, I'll have to cut you. It's the Tebowian thing to do.

7. imjustagirl

I stopped reading after head.

I lived in a civilized part of Kentucky with paved roads and running water. Fuck no we didn't cook pig heads.

8. Pig heads, pig heads, roly poly pig heads.
    Pig heads, pig heads, eat them up, yum!

9. imjustagirl

My iTunes has that listed as a TMBG song. But I have no idea who originally did it, just know I got it from Dr. Demento.

I'd like to get his boxed set.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

No milk when I make mine. A former girlfriend, however, swore by it. I couldn't tell a difference.

I think a scrambled egg sandwich is in my future tonight. Yum!

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

The Scrapple at the Hi Neighbor in Strasburg, Va., is to die for.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

In fact, I think I'm going to make some right now. Yum.

Draft saved Draft deleted