1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Settle an argument...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Do you mix milk in with your eggs when you scramble them, before you pour them in the pan?

1. Yes

65.3%
  2. No

34.7%
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

(I haven't made scrambled eggs in probably 10 years, ftr)

2. I have no particular aversion to nutjobs, Ace. We're still friends.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SixToe can make me breakfast any time. ;)

4. imjustagirl

I hope you all know that as a side effect, I can never eat scrambled eggs on a breakfast buffet again.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The milk in eggs thing is a myth. Completely unecessary.
    And it makes the eggs throw off more water in the pan.
    Just say no.

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Tabasco is where I won't budge. I can't STAND it when I'm at a restaurant and ask for hot sauce for my eggs and they give me tabasco. That ain't hot sauce. Big difference in the taste. Give me Louisiana or Texas Pete or Frank's or whatever else. But don't give me tabasco.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

For two eggs, I put about two tablespoons of milk in before I pour 'em in the pan. It doesn't add *that* much weight to the eggs and it does make them fluffier.

Of course, I put ketchup on them, too, so my opinion probably doesn't count.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tabasco is delicious with eggs, but so are Crystal, Frank's and many other hot sauces.
    Just say no to ketchup.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I actually like the green Tabasco with eggs, but the original, or Frank's, or Louisiana, or Cholula all get the job done.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am with you, Bruce. Love hot sauce. Hate the taste of tabasco.

Louisiana is my favorite.

11. imjustagirl

My mind is blown.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I mentioned Tabasco but should have said "hot sauce" because I like the others mentioned as well.

Ketchup? You heathens.

I don't care if the milk does make the eggs "throw off" more water. Mine don't and never have. Adding water to eggs just helps create watery eggs. At least the milk adds some calories and actual heft.

Eggs on a buffet are fucking disgusting. I've eaten them, but they're disgusting.

Draft saved Draft deleted