1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting limits for yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I have some stupid arbitrary rules I’ve made up for myself. Wonder if any of you have the same.

— I don’t want more than 500 Facebook friends. When I start drifting toward 510, I start whacking to get it back down.

— I don’t like my Twitter follows to exceed my number of followers.

— I don’t let my apps on my phone exceed two screens. (Held over from when my last phone had about the same storage as a Cuisinart.)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I am a hopeless optimist; life can always be worse; ( I am from penniless immigrants from China)

Take the interstate at all times, no unknown shortcuts, that’s when people die

Always act like I don’t want to get fired thus embarrass the family

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I haven't whacked any Facebook friends, but I really enjoy the 30-day snooze function.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I only smoke when I drink.

If I have a second drink, I’m drinking that night, otherwise just one.

I never wash dress shirts and dress pants unless I’ve worn them at least twice each.

I don’t trust women who drive Mustangs, have fake tits or are bottle blondes.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I want the story of the Mustang driver who hurt you, @CD Boogie.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I also keep my apps to two screens (with an empty row on the main screen to keep things from being too busy). All photos worth keeping are saved to the cloud and then deleted.

I keep Twitter follows to about 100, basically work stuff only. About 10 percent of them are muted if they are friends that regularly live tweet games I don't care about.

Draft saved Draft deleted