1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting it on a tee for BYH!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 12, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Have at it, Mets hater:

2. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

A ball on the tee is still faster than spnited's best fastball. And more reliable than Aaron Heilman in the ninth inning.
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

At least the second part of that staement is true.
  4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And if it goes in the stands, you bet Josh Hampel will beat him out for it.
  5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Peter King.
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

that's what I get for not reading the post this morning
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I hear the Mets PR department is going to pass that off as a tribute to Rusty Staub
  9. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

It amazes me how a man that grew up in NYC during the glory days and loves baseball can be so absolutely tone deaf with the Mets. Fred Wilpon thinks he's running the Marlins or Brewers, where fans need to be coaxed into the stadium and interest needs to be drummed up. The constant changing of logos, colors, hats, shirts, etc. makes the Mets look less relevant, not more. Fred need only look across town to see how a franchise that values its history and connection with the past will increase the attachment of its fans. I only hope Bernie Madoff took enough that they will eventually be forced to sell.
  10. spnited

spnited Active Member

It's much more Jeff Wilpon's doing than Fred's, Thomson.
    Fred pretty much turned full control of the Mets over to Jeff to keep him as far away from the commercial real estate business as possible .
  11. BYH

BYH Active Member

And now he's pissing away the one thing that seemed bulletproof.

Pop me some fucking popcorn. I love this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A new, rusty stadium, named for a near-bankrupt corporation. You don't suppose they can coax Craig Swan out of retirement do you?
Draft saved Draft deleted