1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seton Hill lacrosse bus crashes; pregnant coach among casualties

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Mar 16, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/us/pennsylvania-bus-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- The pregnant coach of Seton Hill University women's lacrosse team was among two people killed Saturday when the bus they were on veered off the highway and crashed into a tree in southern Pennsylvania, authorities said.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Re: Seton Hall lacrosse bus crashes; pregnant coach among casualties

Thread title is wrong. It was Seton Hill, a small college in Pennsylvania, not Seton Hall, the Big East school in New Jersey.

3. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Headlines on a lot of websites are also saying Seton Hall, even though the story they're running clearly does say Seton Hil.

4. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Most people have never heard of Seton Hill. Terrible story either way.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I thought Hall was what I saw on ESPN in the story but it's not...which was why I was curious as to why they didn't say "Seton Hall" on the link headline, seeing as how most people know about Seton Hall.

If the driver was 61...I'm wondering if he didn't have a heart attack and she saw it happening and tried to get control of the bus...her position on the bus had to be near the front. He either fell asleep at the wheel or had a stroke or heart attack.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is probably the single biggest fear of any athletics administrator.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I imagine plenty of confusion in the initial hours of this among those of us in sports and news.

I assumed Seton Hall and even corrected it... until I saw "Seton Hill" twice in the copy. Look at it again. First time I've heard of "Seton Hill".

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Great example of why we should still check things even if we think we know why something's wrong. I've been guilty of similar mistakes as have almost all of us, and a lot of us walk that line every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted