1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seth MacFarlane to reboot "The Flintstones" in 2013

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, May 17, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In the words of Adam Carolla, "Yabba Dabba Don't!"

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/17/seth-macfarlane-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

MacFarlane is probably at the point of his career where nobody ever says no to him.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it being any worse than The Cleveland Show

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How dirty do you think he'll make it?

5. Mystery Meat II

Possibly not much at all. He's already got two shows that push the boundaries, plus making an R-rated Flintstones would a) further his image as a one-trick pony and b) piss off a lot of devoted Flintstones fans who might be assuming the worst. Doing a Stone Age Family Guy would be death on all counts.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Announced on the heels of The Looney Tunes Show airing on Cartoon Network.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/looneytunesshow/

7. Mystery Meat II

I saw an episode of that recently. It's not bad, but seeing Bugs living in a house (much less having Daffy as a mooching boarder) is pretty jarring. Bugs can have a mansion for all I care, but the only thing that should be visible from street level is a hole. That's as it should be.

Of course, I keep hoping against hope they'll have Daffy Duck be daffy again, as he was in the shorts with Porky Pig, and not just Jerkbag Duck as he's been for the last few decades.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is sad, because he desperately needs someone to do just that a lot more often.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I've seen the promos for this. Is there any return of cartoon violence? The promos I saw seems that it just fits right in with the pop culture-beholden snark fests cartoons have been for the last 20 years or so.

As for McFarlane, stick to what you know. Family Guy is starting to slip. American Dad is and always has been fucking horrid, to say nothing of totally derivative of Family Guy.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've not see The Looney Tunes Show, but a friend said it was like Bugs turned into Seinfeld and Daffy into Costanza.

11. Mystery Meat II

I've only seen part of one episode, but that sounds right. I think the days of wacky cartoon violence is gone, with only ironic Family Guy-style violence standing among comedy cartoons.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Compared to American Dad, the Cleveland Show is Emmy-worthy . . . and it's horrid, beyond belief.

Draft saved Draft deleted