1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setanta

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I wonder how many of you out there subscribe to Setanta for soccer and rugby? I do, but I think I can count on my hand the number of others I know around the country who get it.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nope, and you're one of only 65,000 who do in the U.S. according to recent reports.

Actually, make that 64,999, because TwoBack just said he cancelled his sub on the soccer thread.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I did last season but canceled it before this season. These days I follow Serie A more than the Prem. Between FSC, Gol TV and ESPN 360 it just became impossible to justify $15 a month for Setanta.

Gaelic football was a big reason for me to sign up but they didn't show it much.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Had Setanta before I left the country -- loved it for the extra soccer, rugby, gaelic games and Aussie Rules. Would've been the perfect channel if it had cricket.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

If I could subscribe to just one channel, it would probably be Setanta. Though I heard it might be getting gobbled up by the Fox Soccer Channel.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I dropped it this week too. Like Trooper, I got it for extra soccer and the other sports.

I'll see what the plan is for Fox Soccer Plus.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Even as a big Prem fan, I couldn't justify $12 a month on DirecTV for one channel, so I never took the plunge.

I hope FSC doesn't make this a premium channel.

Draft saved Draft deleted