1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set your DVR: Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell on TCM at 2 a.m.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm breaking my SJ sabbatical for one reason only ... to let all of you know that Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell is on at 2 a.m. tonight on TCM.

Don't let the idiotically translated title fool you, this is a fascinating movie made in Japan in the late 60s. Cheesy at times, there is no doubt, and with occasionally bad special effects, but it is a good movie.

The basic premise is a plane crashes after leaving Japan and the survivors are stalked by a "body snatcher" who has been transformed as prelude to an alien invasion. But there's more to it than that. There's some freaky scenes, but it's actually more about what survivors would do to fuck each other over to survive as the body snatcher thing.

This movie is hard to find, so set your DVR's. I did last year when TCM showed it: a) because I was wondering why TCM would show a movie called Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell; b) Tarantino likes it and borrowed shots from it for Kill Bill.

It hasn't left my DVR since.

Draft saved Draft deleted