1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Services for Ron Drogo (spnited)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Courtesy of his sister Linda:

the wake will be at Kimak's Funeral Home on Broad Street, Carlstadt, NJ tomorrow (Tues) 2-4 and 7-9PM. The funeral Mass will be on Wednesday at 10:30AM at St. Joseph's Church in East Rutherford, NJ. Interrment will be at Holy Cross Mausoleum in North Arlington, NJ. We are not sure yet where we are directing donations, but details should appear in tomorrows obituary in The Record. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship to Ron.

Linda Tabachuk

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

For those of you who didn't know him, Ron Drogo was a helluva good guy. An outstanding editor, he was a great guy who always had time to show you a better way to get the job done. He had a great sense of humor as well. He will be missed.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ron is either laughing his ass off right now, or cussing.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm doing both, IJAG.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I agree with both of you.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Donation details here, for those interested:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/northjersey/obituary.aspx?n=ronald-drogo&pid=148792740

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Attended the first wake. A sea of friends and loved ones.

Open casket. My first time meeting Ron. I think he whispered that my fantasy team already sucks.

His sisters Linda and Janet are lovely and so friendly as is his brother in law Joseph.

Everyone glowing about Ron.

Met BYH. Spent an hour talking. Solid guy.

Going to attend the 2nd wake. Introduce yourself if you're going. I have red hair and am probably standing by myself since I don't know anyone.

Heard Frank Ridgeway was at the first wake but didn't meet him

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how much I wish I could be there. Ron was a really special guy. I like to think that you're representing all of us.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

^

10. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I wish I had known him, but what really seems classy to me is that from what I read, he was a "Bergen Catholic Guy" all the way, and his last act was to give back to the school.

Impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted