1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Server not found

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kato, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Help! I've been trying to log on to sportsjournalists.com from home but am being denied. I keep getting "server not found" warnings as if I'm not connected. However, it's the only site that's shutting me out. I get the warning in both Firefox and Explorer. It worked when I was on the road, but am having a problem at home. Is it a Charter thing? Can someone help? Thanks.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I've been going through that also, but usually it works on the fourth or fifth try.

3. www.mrsneakie.com

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

there was another thread about this already, but ellis is right. mrsneakie is the way to go.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Kato, you haven't pissed Webby off, have you? ;D

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Wow! I love Mr. Sneakie. The powers that be will no longer keep tabs on me.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Mr. Sneakie only lets you go to sites that previously were blocked. Your browsing history still is recorded on your computer.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I seem to be unable to access the site from work. Probably a very good thing.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

So how does it work?

10. you type sportsjournalists.com/forum into the space where it says "URL" and go from there.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I've been having the same problem. This is the first time in a week I've been able to get on and it hasn't crashed within a few page loads. Thanks for Mr. Sneakie, but what's causing this? I'm on my home computer, no corporate overlords blocking me out.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There are issues. Webby is doing what he can. See his message of March 9 on the first board on the home page.

Draft saved Draft deleted