1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously? Roy Firestone and the O's message board

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by UNCGrad, Jul 25, 2013.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I mean, seriously?

http://deadspin.com/ped-user-coming-out-says-roy-firestone-on-os-m-911295174

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Robert Fick huh? Interesting.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Easy enough to prove or disprove by the end of the day, and Firestone will be right or wrong. I like it a lot better than some of the stuff we see here and elsewhere.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I tried to watch the "Good Day L.A." clip linked, but when the video url said "STERIODS in baseball" and the host said Fick hit the last home run in "Tiger Park," I began to doubt its veracity.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Blurred lines.

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Well since I wasted my time reading all this I just feel like posting this sentence from the Facts about Robert Fick link...:

"You can catch Robert's radio show, ‘F.Y.I.' on the Jon Lovitz Network Tuesday's at 11am."

...and ask the following: Why is Tuesday possessive?

That is all.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You should have asked why there is a Jon Lovitz Network.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So Jon can have someplace to talk about his girlfriend...Morgan Fairchild...yeah, yeah, that's it...that's the ticket!

9. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

One question at a time. My second question was why is 11am all together? But again, let's take these one at a time.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those steroids didn't help Fick much in the '03 playoffs. He went 0-for-11 for the Braves against the Cubs.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted