1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously messed up story involving Rick Ralph from The FAN590 (Toronto)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Feb 13, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's New Testament Day at SportsJournalists.com.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry, I didn't read any of the stories and got confused by the "is it Jim or Rick" exchange on the first page.

Prayers to Rick and his loved ones. And to Jim too, whoever and wherever he is. Surely to God, someone named Jim needs our prayers right now.

3. Let the married people have chance to, you know, reconcile. Play Cassanova after the ink is on the separation agreement. Don't get your honey, where you get your money.

If you fuck around with married babes at work, shit will ususally happen, a lot of it undesirable. Not approving of the shit that happens, just saying that I do not wish to participate in combining two explosives.

I pull certifiably, demonstably hot 19-35 yr old non-work-environment-single chicks every single baked chicken day.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My mother met my dad while she and my (biological) father were separated. Once you've separated and decided to get divorced, what's wrong with dating?

If you live a glass house and such. . .

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Estrangement and jealousy don't justify murder.

I can understand why it wouldn't even enter his mind that his new love connection would cause the ex to fly off the handle so badly that two people die. You like to hope and think humanity is better than that.

Although . . . I (and my wife) would be curious as to why the new girlfriend and the estranged wife were hanging out. Or were they kidnapped and taken to the death house?

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

Speculation is the estranged wife was kidnapped.
    Seriously fucked up. Too bad Canada doesn't have the death penalty

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yes, the divorced guy dating the woman who was estranged from her husband was obviously to blame for this. It could not have been the fault of the guy who kidnapped a woman and killed her and his estranged wife while the Bobsey Twins slept upstairs. ::)

Great Family Values ... Sex? Bad. Violence? Well shit, he did sleep with your estranged wife.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No it's not.

For further reference cf: Steven Truscott, Paul Morin, et al.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I agree with that, but I do resent having to support the likes of Paul Bernardo, Clifford Olson and Robert Pickton, to name three wastes of skin and oxygen. Somebody please just go to Crappy Tire and buy some rope, then we'll go find a tall tree and be rid of them forever. We won't even need to bury them, just throw them in the landfill with the rest of the garbage.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's the American side of you coming out. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted