1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously messed up story involving Rick Ralph from The FAN590 (Toronto)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Feb 13, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think the Toronto guys here who know him (not me) will probably say that he has an amazing network of colleagues to support him.

But the kids, Lord help them.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

What he said.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I just raised the question on this. I didn't pass a bit of judgment. Maybe I should have qualified the question more. I definitely should have written, "maybe his promiscuity." But it sounded like a fishier story to me than maybe people closer to the situation.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

Its Rick, not Jim.

And as for the promiscuity debate, from the reports, Rick and his ex-wife split amicably - no kids.
    He starts seeing a woman from his workplace - she's married. It happens. Neither against the law nor particularly immoral in these times.
    Psycho husband of Rick's new girlfriend apparently slaughters the two women. That he murders Rick's ex-wife only demonstrates where this guy's twisted mind is.
    I think its clear who is to blame.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

"Not sure I'd rally around that guy," is more than a bit of judgment, you cock.

6. I lost a college chum in a similar circumstance. Fell in love with someone's ex. Guy shows up in the morning and guns them both down.
    People.

7. I have a problem with a guy dating another guy's wife...

That being said, my condolences to this guy. Nobody should have to suffer that kind of tragedy.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Not particularly immoral ?

9. Condolences to the families of the two women.

Do not date someone that is married. And don't fish off the company pier. (nasa)

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Bill Belichick, are you following this thread?

I didn't know that he was seeing another man's wife. That's inexcusable to me.

However, you don't kill any of the offending parties and other, uninvolved people because of it. That's insane.

11. I'm seeing estranged. I'm seeing "split." I'm not seeing any indication that Crocker and Little were together in any way.
    What am I missing that's prompted all the moralizing?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

She and her husband were estranged according to the newspaper accounts. Big diff. Whether their dating was the cause of the estrangement is another issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted