1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously messed up story involving Rick Ralph from The FAN590 (Toronto)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Obviously, hope the guy and all involved get through this.

Maybe it's my lack of exposure to Canadian newspapers, but does this sentence give anyone else pause?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I guess they weren't all that "happy"

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Peace to Rick Ralph.

After reading the story I have one question, why were the estranged wife and the girlfriend in the home together? I didn't get the impression they knew each other, but maybe I just missed it in the story.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The story coming out is that the husband abducted Ralph's estranged wife.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/02/13/3606154-sun.html

It's believed Menendez, 43, was abducted from her Etobicoke home where she ran a physiotherapy business and then taken to 95 Larkin Ave. in Markham. That's where she and Crocker were found dead around 3:30 a.m. Monday.

Unbelievably tragic.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's what puzzled me, the how both women got there. This guy must have really had it bad for Ralph.

And lay off on DOH. It ain't like he hasn't been around as long as a lot of you guys. Might not have been the classiest thing he ever said, but nothing stopped you from rolling your eyes and moving on. Banning him? Gimme a break.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was about as tasteless a comment as we've seen around here. And that's saying a lot.

I don't want anyone banned but if he has any decency he won't show his face around here for a while.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I usually don't bother to comment on people I don't know, but DOH, even for a message board, that's disgusting.

Even if any of what you said is true - and there's nothing in the stories posted to suggest it is - that's just heinous to put someone down in that situation and entirely disrespectful to the folks who died.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This, of course, is the guy who cries every time someone makes fun of West Virginia. So to review: Double murders = funny. Mocking West Virgnians = not funny.

you stay classy, DOH. Clown.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Prayers to Jim and his loved ones. Jesus, what is wrong with some people?

10. You folks in Canuckistan can thank us now for keeping Nancy Grace on our side of the border.
    What a saga. Sad.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, but with four dailies in Toronto, there will be a feeding frenzy.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Really feel bad for the kids. Jeez what a tough story. Hope the guy pulls through it reasonably intact.

Draft saved Draft deleted