1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously messed up story involving Rick Ralph from The FAN590 (Toronto)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

So Rick Ralph, a very down to earth and funny guy that is often part of the morning drive show on the FAN590, goes to Nova Scotia to attend his father's funeral.

While he's away, there's a double murder in a house in Markham, a Toronto suburb.

It turns out that one of the two women killed is his estranged wife.

It turns out that the other woman killed is his current girlfriend.

His girlfriend's ex-husband is in custody and charged with both killings.

So to sum up, in the span of a few days, Rick Ralph lost his father, his estranged wife, and his girlfriend.

Here's the story.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/181065

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sea
    Doesn't Ralph do the colour on the Leafs radio broadcast on 640?
    Ex OHL goalie and as SB said, a very funny guy

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I believe that's Jim Ralph you're thinking of...

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yup. Got all confused listening to Bowen, Neale & Healy on the Leafs/Islanders game.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Damn, I hope that guy gets some serious grief counseling. Can you imagine something like this happening to you? I can't, and don't want to think about it happening.

All the best to Rick Ralph. Sh*t. :(

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was hoping this wouldn't come up.

I've known Rick for years. He started working at The Fan a year or two after I arrived. We are professional friends, although we'd run into each other at social events -- including an annual Christmas party we both attend. He is one of the funniest, most relaxed human beings you could ever meet; your typical Eastern Canadian. I had also met both his ex-wife and his current girlfriend. They were both friendly people.

I haven't spoken to him since he returned to Toronto last night, but I'm happy to report that his co-workers have rallied around him. He -- and others who work there -- are being set up with special counselling sessions, upon request.

I'm not going to post what I've heard about the crime, but I can tell you that there are a lot of people in our industry shaken about what happened. Many lives have been ruined, including two young childrens'. I do know that Rick sent an email earlier today saying that he would recover from this, with time.

I wish him, and the families involved, the best. I know that wish is shared by many in the Toronto media community.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Great to hear, Elliotte. :)

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

So his promiscuity got 2 people killed? Not sure I'd rally around the guy...

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Dude, come on.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

dick.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A guy loses his wife (from whom he's estranged), his girlfriend and his father and you pull out some sanctimonious chickenshit stuff like that.

You're a scumbag.

Go away. And don't come back

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've never been in favor of banning posters from blog sites.

Until now.

Draft saved Draft deleted