1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously Brandon Inge?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I really like the man's work ethic and admire that he refuses to go on the DL despite his partially torn knee tendon, but his reasoning is getting absurd.

If I see the economy used one more time...

"As he discussed why he wants to stay in the lineup, Inge cited two factors: the Tigers’ presence in a close playoff race, and the economic woes of many Michiganders."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090722/SPORTS02/90722088/Left-knee-torn--but-Inge-refuses-to-go-on-DL

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I like him. [/Francesa]

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Is this really that outlandish?

The guy wants to keep playing for the fans, and while he may be in pain, he leads the Tigers in HRs and RBIs. It's not like he's hurting the team, and it may be his belief that the better he and his teammates can play, hopefully getting to the playoffs, it will give Michiganders something to root for, something to feel good about.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bullshit.

If it was about the team, he'd sit down for a few weeks to get healthy and be ready down the stretch.
    Instead, he'll play hurt, hit worse, have limited range in the field and probably not be able to score from second base on a routine single.
    And he'll say he's a hero to the economically depressed citizens of Michigan.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's seriously Brandon Inge.

Oh, you mean "seriously, Brandon Inge?"

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I like this.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Bingo.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Old Blood And Guts Seaver never would have done this.

Seriously, Inge is screwed either way. Play with it and they'll rip you. Sit down and they'll rip you. Explain it and they'll rip you.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yes it is, because things are really bad in Michigan.

So Rich Rodriguez and Mark Dantonio used it as reasons why they wanted to win.
    Tom Izzo used that as a reason why he was proud to be at the Final Four.
    Jim Leyland talked about it at the beginning of the year, and...
    Just about every Red Wing mentioned it during this year's playoff run.

Oh and John Beilein mentioned it too after they beat Duke. He said something like "it was nice to give the state of Michigan something to be happy about.

It's old.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Always nice to give Michiganders something to be happy about, then go back to your giant house and relax in the pool while eating goose livers in millionaires sauce.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmmm sauce made of millionaires.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

And not one of those guys or events helped some unemployed auto worker pay his mortgage.

Draft saved Draft deleted