1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously AP?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NoOneLikesUs, Oct 1, 2011.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

True, and if I'm not mistaken, all of the datelines for the Cardinals (and whatever bowl games are played there) come across with a Glendale dateline.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Took a while for AP stories to change Denver Broncos training camp stories from Denver to Englewood, if I remember correctly.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The latest take on the Kentucky/Baylor game:

"Calipari, in his third season at Kentucky, just keeps recruiting the best high school players in the land, molds 'em into a top team, then sends most of them on to the NBA before they’ve barely had time to find their way to class."

Really?! "...molds 'em"?
    Why don't you throw a whadya and a heckuva in there for good measure!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

HAHAHAH like they go to class.

5. writingump

writingump Member

Or as Bob Knight calls 'em, "that team from the SEC."

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love that comment from Mr. Coach Knight.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"Class? We have classes?"

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't know Kentucky had classes. Learn something new every day. Of course I don't want to sound biased. When I was at Carolina, one of my friends on the swim team said, "Wouldn't it be great if we could just live in the dorms here in Chapel Hill, party and not go to class?" To which I replied, "you're already doing that."

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just moved a short while ago on the wire, from AP's Colin Fly:

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Am I to believe that, given the fact the only two available photos of Hobey Baker Award winner Jack Connolly are action shots from Duluth's paper (and grainy ones at that), that you couldn't be troubled to send a photographer to the ceremony?

Seriously?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As Rod Beaton, and Kevin Allen after him, liked to say: "That's the Heisman Trophy of hockey."

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's the Hobey Baker Award. :)

Really, I hope there's the same outrage when there's NO photos of the Tewaaraton Trophy winner next month. 'Cause it's just as solidly a niche sport, and AP almost completely ignores lacrosse.

Draft saved Draft deleted