1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seriously, AP?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter Burns, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Rare rim shift for me tonight, but the LLWS story was so poorly written and edited it took me twice as long as it should have to make it legible.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Found it fascinating that Genaro could write 31" on the final writethru, and really say next to nothing about that Tennessee team's nine-run seventh inning.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

There were frag sentences. Quote with no attribution. Repetitive passages.
    Very poor work. Good thing it wasn't beneath me to edit that story (crossthread).

4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

So ... now AP is moving team-by-team capsule information on what various TV announcers and analysts are saying about NFL teams, of course, making it part of the APPro32 content. I can only guess that they're going to do this every week.

Yes, this is a superb use of their resources.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think the people being quoted are voters. But if I had room for this, they lost me when they gave Berman a vote. All he did was regurgitate his TV pap. Can we get a drinking game on "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills?"

Draft saved Draft deleted