1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serious Question - Stomach Bug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 29, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd hate the thought of THAT being necrotized fasciitistically.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Nothing like fasciitistically necrotized babies.

3. dooley_womack1

Nice try, but the comma was there.

4. dooley_womack1

[​IMG]

Also kills fasciitis

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Dr. Fournier described necrotizing fasciitis in five patients in the late 1800s, so he gets his name on the disease, Fournier's gangrene...eventhough it was described in the medical literature more than 100 years earlier.

6. psychman56

psychman56 Guest

So what did the Doctor actually say? If you are having a fever is means that a foreign material (virus or bacteria) is inside your body and it is fighting with it. Maybe you have eaten something your stomach did not find good?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i'd simply start drinking. it'll go away if you do.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The giveaway was that my toddler was sick and threw up on me. Mr. Lugs is now sick. When you have small children, 99% of the time, it's a virus.

See Doc Talk's posts up there? He is an actual doctor (a damn good one, too) and actually advised not to go into the doctor's office because you end up spreading the bug. I was going to call the nurse practitioner when it all just disappeared.

Viruses.. They're alive and trying to survive just like the rest of us.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Point, Petty.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm sure it was a bug, but with your pee all screwed up is there any chance it was a bladder infection? Urinary/bladder/kidney infections are the worst.

Anyway, glad you're better. My sure-fire diet with the flu is ginger ale with peanut butter on saltines or toast. Hope it helps if it happens to you in the future.

Lugnuts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted