1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serious Question - Stomach Bug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's a DocTalk in the house. Maybe he will weigh in.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I did "page" him. Thanks, Moddy.

3. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Feeling crappy for a few days after a stomach bug is not unusual. Your body is using its energy to fight the infection and there's little left over for the daily activities of life. AS well, you can lose a fair amount of water and it takes awhile to get rehydrated. Check your urine; if it's concentrated and not clear you need to drink more.

With resolution of the fever and abdominal cramping, your doctor may have little to offer other than reassurance. Does your doctor use email to visit and answer questions? Does the office have an advice nurse that you might call? Many times, your questions can be answered without a face to face visit.

Hope this helps. PLease appreciate that it's worth what you paid for it.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She's a tennis-loving Canadian chick.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Buck has been gold on this thread.

6. Lugnuts

So basically not to worry. I'm feeling better this evening. The nausea is letting up. I just feel hungover and need sleep. I've been up since 4:30am. I know you know how that feels! Thanks, Doc! You're the best!

I will call the NP at my doctors office tomorrow if I'm not better.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

No, that's me.

8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Carbonation makes you burp, right? When you're queasy, what would otherwise be an innocent burp can slide into something more dramatic.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Lugnuts is Boom's girlfriend. Everyone knows that.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Next time you get the shit, try it.
    Easier than you think.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lugnuts: Don't listen if Chef tells you to amputate your stomach to solve the problem.

12. Lugnuts

With a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and a razor blade?

Well folks this fuckin thing made one last stand overnight, and this morning I was in tears to Mr. Lugs telling him I felt a little scared....

But around 10 am I was driving around with my son in the car, and suddenly I noticed Rihanna's song 'Umbrella' sounded amazing (I hate that song). Then I noticed the air smelled so fresh and clean, then I desperately wanted a pizza. It was GONE. The nausea.. Just gone. I felt this euphoria come over me like I was gonna take over the freakin' world.

I'm back!!!!!!

Necrotize THIS fasciitis, BABY!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted