1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serious Question - Stomach Bug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hi guys. :-[

Last week my 2year old was sick. He cried out in the night, and when I picked him up out of his crib, he puked on me. Got him cleaned up.. Fast forward a few days .. He's fine.

On Saturday, I started to feel horrible. Sunday I was puking with a fever and chills. It is now freakin' WEDNESDAY and I still feel bad.

Whatever happened to the 48 hour bug?!?!

Seriously. I'm down 6 lbs since Saturday. This is just a virus, right? Not some dreaded disease?

Has anybody ever had a stomach (GI) bug last this long?

I need to know at what point to drag my ass into the doctor.

2. Lugnuts

A parasite? Lovely. Thank you, Creo. If I'm not better tomorrow, I'll go in I guess.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You probably should have went to the doctor two days ago. It's not food poisoning.

But it's nice that you've been around and posting more! Get sick anytime, Lugnuts!

4. Lugnuts

Thanks, V.

I'd hug you right now but I don't want to infect.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Congratulations

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Do you still have a fever? Are you able to keep anything down? Are you able to drink fluids? After 5 days, I'd say it's time to head to the doctor to make sure it's not something nastier than your garden variety extended flu bug.

Feel better!

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Get to a doctor first thing tomorrow. In the meantime push fluids. Electrolyte replacement sports drinks if you have any. A lot of that weight you're losing is water, and it's carrying away the minerals and compounds your organs need to function properly.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chef's Feel Real Good Real Quick Remedy:

Take the biggest bottle of Jack Daniels you can find.

One boiling hot shower.

Drink the whisky all gone while you're in the shower.

It should take about 30-45 minutes.

You will sweat all the nasty toxens out of you, and you will feel 30 times better in a matter of minutes.

You will thank me later.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

An entire bottle of whiskey? No way.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty well established that I'm a big drinker, but I can't down a handle of Jack in 30-45 minutes.
    That is beyond impressive.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good advice for a Canadian.

12. Lugnuts

Hahahaha! ;D

No more fever, able to keep down Gatorade. I ate half a sandwich yesterday and a banana this morning. I'm just still nauseated as hell.

And my pee was reddish yesterday but okay today. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted