1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serious question about reporting email to police

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. markvid

    markvid Guest

    I got one today about seeing 8-10 year olds doing porn.
    I have to report this somewhere, but not sure what to do.
    I've sent this to my provider, but I want legal action involved. I don't want them to just label it spam. I want this person investigated.

    Any suggestions?
  2. 21

    21 Well-Known Member

    Call the local police and ask them.
  3. wickedwritah

    wickedwritah Guest

    Did you try www.pervertedjustice.com?
  4. KYSportsWriter

    KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member


    Call this guy.

    But seriously, you should e-mail that to the local branch of the state police or someone of that sort.
  5. Boom_70

    Boom_70 Well-Known Member

    What happens if they mistakenly think that Mark was the originator. He would be arrested.
  6. HejiraHenry

    HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

    If I got it at work, I would ask the paper's attorney how to proceed.

    I agree that forwarding it might be unwise without some advice first.
  7. markvid

    markvid Guest

    I did send it to cybertipline.com
  8. markvid

    markvid Guest

    They'd know I'm not the originator - I sent it to AT&T's spam division, so they have a record of it.
  9. KYSportsWriter

    KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

    And that, Boom, is why I said to forward it to the police. He already notified his ISP.
  10. Cansportschick

    Cansportschick Active Member

    It's a criminal issue, so call the police...
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page