1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serial murderer, who first struck in LA 23 years ago, killed again last year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-killer29-2008aug29,0,334507.story

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Serial killer, who first struck in LA 23 years ago, killed again last year

So when was he first killed?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Nice try.

4. KG

KG Active Member

I didn't realize they had to get permission to let the DNA database search pull up possible family members, which would help them narrow it down. I guess it makes sense though.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A lot of details about what he did with the people that I'm not too crazy about making a paper.

Still, DNA is amazing.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I know, they didn't have to be so graphic did they? It's like with all the old Dahmer stories, there were some things they didn't have to go into detail about.

7. 93Devil

The sexual abuse is what I'm a little iffy on, but I don't want to thread jack with a huge debate.

The bigger debate will be in five years when a family is under suspicion of a crime due to DNA.

8. Simon_Cowbell

What am I missing?

Looks like pretty standard reporting details to me.

9. 93Devil

The fact they were killed is enough for me. I don't need to know what pleasures he took with them.

That's just me, though. I know other people have different thoughts on that.

10. Re: Serial killer, who first struck in LA 23 years ago, killed again last year

I'm with Simon, what details?
    It mentioned he sexually abused them... that was it wasn't it. There was no detail. Unless I missed it.
    I thought it was pretty straight forward and standard.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I, too, looked for the offending "details" and found none.

12. 93Devil

Isn't that enough?

Draft saved Draft deleted