1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sergio's taking a page from Fuzzy Zoeller

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by AtticusFinch, May 21, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, there goes that theory.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm surprised Sergio has any fans. He's just always seemed like an underachieving douchebag.

Tiger may be my least favorite athlete and he has been for years... There's no one to root for in this feud, although it does make things a little interesting...

3. Sergio was 16 or 17 when that happened. And I am going to guess on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

4. Mizzougrad96

Well... He would have been 17 when Fuzzy made the comments... Living in Spain... I don't know...

I would think he would have heard about it, but that was a long time ago...

5. Not everything that happens in American golf is news to the world.

Sergio maybe dumb, but not because he was unaware of the Fuzzy controversy of 1997.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But at least Sergio looked classy that night:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Wonder who was Tiger's dinner guest last night? Does he have any insight on Tiger's thoughts?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Sergio's greatest shame in this is you have someone like Tiger, who you can crack on for sleeping with half of the Eastern Seaboard, his driving skills, his receding hairline, his former caddy, his robot-like manner....and you go with the "fried chicken" reference which not only insults Tiger but insults all African-Americans.

That said - comments like his reflect more on the person who said them than those they are aiming at. I guess we now now who the next Colin Montgomerie is.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Thanks for linking that thread. I hadn't seen it. Great stuff.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it established that Tiger doesn't like fried chicken? Can he be only half insulted or 1/4 insulted?
    If Sergio put PadThai on the menu would Tiger be happier?

If golfers had theme songs played as they approached the 1st tee box, like batters and releif pitchers, what would Tiger's be? Eye of the Tiger? Afternoon Delight?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Mr. Roboto

12. Mizzougrad96

Not bad. I think Denis Leary's song "Asshole" would fit better. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted