1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sergio disqualified from PGA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Aug 11, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This is pretty big news -- deserves its own thread (and yes, I know there's a running thread; not everybody reads those):

When's the last time a top player like this was disqualified after making the cut in a major?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wow. That sucks for him.

Boo planned it all!

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm shocked he made a five with the club wrapped around his neck.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Boo Weekley. It's not just a golfer's name. It's what fans should do to Garcia at every tournament.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of course, the guy who made the mistake on the scorecard doesn't get punished.

Would it be so hard for the PGA to have official scorers with each group instead of counting on guys to keep track of each other's scores as well as their own?

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

Mrs. Editude follows golf and didn't know competitors keep each others' scores. Let me know when Pudge calls out balls and strikes for A-Rod.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

In-freakin'-excusable. It takes 30 seconds to check your scores against what the player keeping your official score has. It takes another 30 seconds to check his scores against what you've kept.

The caddie is also there to help double-check these kinds of things.

Sounds like the heat fried both their brains.

9. Moderator1

And those who blame Boo *** golf has only done it this way for, what, 70-leven billion years? Find me a golfer anywhere who can't recite his or her round. Check your score, which you should also be keeping along with your playing partner's score.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Had he signed for a score that was higher instead of lower, would he still be disqualified or would he just be given that additional stroke?

11. Moderator1

Take the stroke.
    Sign lower and you are T-O-A-S-T

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You've made Carnac the Magnificent proud.

Draft saved Draft deleted