1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serena to take (most of) it off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

You disappoint me ...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

But if I ever meet them in person, I shall smack them about the head with Jessica's shoes pushing that crap-ass shit they call music off on the rest of us.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

ROFL! Much better ...

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

With Leather has the internet version of saltpeter. (NSFW)
    http://www.withleather.com//ul/3429-serena_williams_jane_magazine.jpg

She's apparently looking for a vase.

5. Killick ... Don't know who you are but we're boys now!

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Very sexy photograph.

Serena is weird to me. Some days or some photos, I think she looks stunning. Other days, she looks like she'd snap me in half for looking at her funny and is completely unattractive.

That photo is one where I think she looks great. Wish we could see the naughty bits, though. ;)

7. You are such a chick.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know what just infuriates me? Besides great women athletes getting naked for magazines, which is just beyond my ability to comprehend?

Why is there no 'female' equivalent for great 'mens' magazines like Esquire and GQ? The mens mags have great writers, covering news and politics and sports and health and life. You don't have to be a guy to enjoy the magazine.

But the womens mags? Fashion, makeup, movie stars in rehab, botox, food warnings, mommy stuff. Maybe Vanity Fair comes close, although there are way too many pieces that could be in People, if People used bigger words. A guy isn't going to read Vogue, unless you rip out the story on, say, Elizabeth Edwards, and hand it to him. But he's not going to read the magazine the way I read Esquire.

I don't know, but it's been on my mind lately.

And ps to Serena, good that you're proud of your ass, but I hope you have someone take good polaroids before your decide for sure. No one will ever tell you the truth.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Those aren't even heels. They look like Easy Spirits.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't know, 21, have you picked up GQ in a doctor's office lately?

GQ is doing a lot of Botox, food warnings, fashion and 'better sex' crap, too. It's amazing to me how the sexes are getting more alike.

So many (heterosexual) men love to critique women's clothes/hair/makeup now. It used to be, "She's got boobs? Fine with me."

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying....I'm really talking about the quality of the writing. Womens magazines have a certain gushiness....the sheer thrill of lucite bracelets and fall Manolos. Even the serious pieces have a subtle frilliness about them. I don't ever feel Charlie Pierce getting excited about lucite bracelets. I could be wrong.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I don't know who would want to stop and smell the flowers.

Draft saved Draft deleted