1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Serena to take (most of) it off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 23, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Serena is posing in Playboy.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I shall never sprout wood again. Damn you all.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Where do you see that? It's not in the link you posted.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Noooooooooooooooooooo! That's my favourite magazine. Now I must mourn.

That said ... it has changed an awful lot since Pratt left.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's changed a lot, but there's still some good stuff in it.

I guess there was a major, major revolt when they put Jessica Simpson on the cover.

IMHO, there was no way that mag was going to survive without its namesake.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Agreed. Jane gave it some edge with class. It has gone dipsy and pushes too many limits now. She always tried to keep it away from the typical 20-something women's magazine (I can't even read Cosmo anymore because it's way too young for me).

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Jane Goodall?
    Seriously, this is the first time I've heard of this mag? Jane Who?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jane Pratt, also founded the late, great Sassy, a teen mag, that went belly up after she left. I was super pissed when that subscription changed to fucking Seventeen.

And I quit reading Jane when Fergie appeared in it. Fuck that bitch.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Oops! My mistake. I misread it. Saw Playboy mentioned in connection with Amanda Beard and thought it was Serena. It is Jane.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I had a GF who had a love/hate relationship with Jane (the magazine...not talking about any grudgefuck three-ways here).

She loved it because the editors chose interesting subject matter and were brainier than the usual women's magazine fluff merchants. She hated it because of the constant snarky, bitchy tone the publication had. I read it and had to agree with her. Jane isn't as dumb as most most women's mags, but the thing still reads like it was put together by a cadre of bitchy cheerleaders, albeit educated ones.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

There's actually a strong anti-Jane contingent, with websites and everything.

I'm a subscriber, because I think it's an interesting departure from other women's mags. They have great ideas and you can tell the staffers work their asses off.

The tone came from the top, and you know Pratt thinks she's holier-than-thou after the cultlike status Sassy developed. But I'll take bitchy over Jessica Simpson any day.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you saying that Jessica Simpson isn't bitchy?

Draft saved Draft deleted