1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sept. 28-30 CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I like the Buckeyes. I hope they win. But my gut is starting to say that Iowa may pull off the upset. That is, if you can upset someone on your own home field. I'm hoping my gut is really just asking me to feed it instead.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The only thing the Tide's gonna upset Saturday is my stomach.

3. Flying Headbutt

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!

Someone was actually stupid enough to put Virginia vs. Dook on tv today. Wow! That's balls right there. I mean hell, you know you suck if Dook is making you their homecoming opponent. Does the loser take on Temple? Shit, at least it's fitting that Ric "Doc Dumbass" Walker is on the commentary.

But fuck, I may have to watch this game just so I can ridicule it.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That video is awesome.
    Yawoh yawh yawh yawh yo, yo, yo, yo, FOOTBAW!

5. Flying Headbutt

Nice job, Dookies. You have 4th and 1 at your own 29 and you go for it. Fine, but don't fumble the fucking snap!!!

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For a moment, Memphis actually took a 6-3 lead on Tennessee with an interception return for a touchdown. But Memphis was flagged for offsides, the Vols converted on third down, and now they've quickly marched past midfield. Oops.

EDIT -- Tennessee finished that 97-yard drive with a 5-yard touchdown pass, 10-0 Vols. Huge swing, all because of that one penalty.

7. three_bags_full

With 13 minutes left in the first half, LSU has already covered the 32 point line.

And I picked State with the points.

What a fucking moron.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That post got me to wondering ... whew, I took LSU with 16 confidence points. I can't believe one state could be so sorry at the same time (at least in regards to the SEC schools). Reminds me of Kansas and Kansas State during nearly all of the 1980s.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I learned my lesson on Miss State a few weeks ago ... had LSU to cover, no hesitation.

10. three_bags_full

Hey, we've got Southern Miss!

And Dubose at Millsaps!

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Speaking of covering the spread rather quickly ... Wisky up 35-0 at half over Indiana.

Indiana looks Temple-bad.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The noon broadcasts used to be pretty good, Big East package and ESPN Big Ten. Now, ESPN is gutting the Big Ten package for the also-rans the better to put the good ones on at night, and Boston is minus the Big East and gets Viriginia-Duke. There's gonna be no good reason not to do fall chores this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted