1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sept. 28-30 CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 28, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ogre gets an another two years atleast with all of the freshmen on the team

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Good lord. It's not that bad. UT will be tough this week, AU will be hard to win at AU, and UF owns UGA. Ga. Tech will be tough, but that's in Athens. Where's the possible fifth loss? Vandy? Kentucky? Mississippi State?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, UCLA still has the same coma-inducing 7-0 lead it did 90 minutes ago.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought it was a rerun... good lord, that's just dreadfully boring...

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Story of the game is that offensive genius Wlat Harris quick kicked on third down for the second straight week. Stanford might be the only team in the country that can brag about leading the NCAA in two-and-outs.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

It would not stun me if Georgia lost to Kentucky.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

me either led -- loss to tennessee, loss to florida, loss to auburn. those are all sure losses. could lose at kentucky. could lose to georgia tech. and that's when i start my fire mark richt blog. you lose to those fuckers, you should be canned. hell, could lose to vandy like in '94. although, not likely. and will kill mississippi state.

8. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Here's the thing: The way UGA is, it'll come out next week and absolutely put a spell on Tennessee and destroy the Viles. Of coures, then it could go out the next week and lose to Vandy for homecoming.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Clearly the better team? Outside of winning at Notre Dame (a suspect team at best), who have they beaten?

Consider the following:

- Over its last seven games, Ohio State has wins over Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Penn State and Iowa by an average of 15.6 points per game. Say the Penn State game was closer than its 28-6 final? Well, the Notre Dame win at the Fiesta Bowl wasn't nearly as close as 34-20 would indicate.

- Tressel-coached Ohio State teams have a track record of playing better as the season goes on, which ties in with the fact that ...

- These aren't the Cooper-coached Buckeyes. OSU is 4-1 vs. Michigan and 4-1 in bowl games (3-0 BCS) under Tressel.

- In two starts vs. Michigan, Troy Smith's lines have looked like this:
    2004: 13-23 for 241 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT. 18 rushes for 143 yards, 1 TD.
    2005: 27-37 for 300 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. 11 rushes for 37 yards, 1 TD.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know we aren't supposed to feed the trolls, but yes Iowa is godawful.
    The fact they are ranked No. 13 goes back to why we shouldn't have polls until later in the season. The fact is they struggled against a Syracuse team that had to go to overtime to beat Wyoming! Fucking Wyoming!
    That is all you need to know right there.
    Neat, Ohio State won another game they were supposed to win, oh well. USC may only have beaten my Cougars by 6 tonight, but I think on a neutral field they would beat THE Ohio State University. Plus, the Indians can suck it!

11. Iowa is not godawful.
    Arizona is godawful.
    Iowa's a mediocre bowl team.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Maybe he's angling for a job in the CFL?

Draft saved Draft deleted