1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sept. 28-30 CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 28, 2006.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

ASU was favored? Seriously? That's absurd - that team is terrible this year.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I was just telling my brother that.
    He also was bitching about the quarterbacks. I told him that, honestly, UGA needs Joe T right now. He may not be the best, but he's mature and has been around for five years now. Stafford and Cox are young and have not looked like they're ready for primetime football. I paused when I realized that UGA fans should pin their hopes on Joe T.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think they started out as one-point underdogs and then it flipped. Oregon was an easy pic.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Baylor beats K-State.
    Simply amazing.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Frankly, when David Greene is your QB for all those years -- and I know he's a legend in Athens, and I'm glad he broke Manning's wins record -- but he's not exactly the ideal talent for offensive innovation. Shockley was a one-year stopgap, and hey, the Dawgs did win an SEC title last year. But Richt hasn't really had the firepower that Bobby Bowden had all those years that he was in Tallahassee. Not sure what that means, but it is what it is.

Still, two SEC titles and a very good chance at a third one this year ... no complaints. :D

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know it's only 1-AA, but the UNH/Delaware game was amazing, as was Ricky Santos. The high school I cover played against him and his team in 2002. The coaches still talk about him like it was an honor just to be on the same field.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Another call of "the original call on the field was holding, but there was no holding on the play." This one in the Ole Miss game.

I've never seen one, much less two in one night.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nebraska holds on to win 39-32 in overtime. Dammit.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'll even say that kU got some calls against it in this game. But they still suck.

Pop Quiz time, Oz: Who's the only undefeated team in the Big 12? :D

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck Mizzou.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah, when's the last time Mizzou beat KU? And how can you possibly win the Big 12 North if you can't beat Kansas?

For a moment, when I saw KU lead in the fourth, I thought maybe -- just maybe -- the Jayhawks could contend for the Big 12 North title. But I knew better, so I never got my hopes up that it would last.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What's your dog in the hunt?

Draft saved Draft deleted