1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sepp Blatter's anti-MLS comments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Dec 31, 2012.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Given that he's leaving MLS, I don't think he gives a shit if they put a team on the moon.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Blatter should be more concerned with the fate of the Spanish league. Saw a report last night indicating half the teams were in administration, that high ticket prices have locked out the average fan, that Barca and Read Madrid get 1/2 of all the TV receipts and that the league is so lopsided competitively that more than half the teams don't have a prayer.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about the rumors Golden Balls will be part of the ownership of the next MLS team.

4. 18 clubs don't have a prayer. The other clubs could tell Barca and Real to take a hike, but only fans in Spain care about the other 18.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hmmm, until this season, sounds familiar, laddie.

http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier/tables

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if Blatter honestly gave a damn about Spain or any other European league. His entire focus seems to be buying off the developing world -- particularly Africa, Asia, Central America and the Caribbean -- with his GOAL Project and other bribery in order to keep him and his friends in their cushy, phony-baloney jobs. If a few big European clubs or leagues spend themselves into oblivion, their thinking goes, it's a terrible problem locally but of no real concern in the height of FIFA's ivory tower. The only thing that matters is staying attached to the gravy train.

Draft saved Draft deleted