1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sepp Blatter's anti-MLS comments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Dec 31, 2012.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I really should drink more coffee before posting. Ouch.

They were playing in those places because the NFL owners (Lamont Hunt) were funding the league.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A) $480,000 is quite a bit greater than $50,000.

B) That rookie received a $1.2 million signing bonus when he was drafted.

C) By staying in the major leagues he will make approximately $150 million, give or take, in the next 10 years.

The Galaxy's fourth-leading scorer this season was Juninho. He made $50,000.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Lamont?

Have another cup.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You call him that, and Fred G. Hunt will clutch his chest and have the Big One.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

What's "The' MLS"?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sepp complains about the slow growth of the MLS because he dreams of kickbacks and bribes in US dollars.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Like in all sports, salaries are rising in MLS along with attendance and revenues.

Of course the league minimum is lower than in European leagues and even than in other American pro sports.

But to shit on it as a "minor league" with an ill-advised blanket statement is just as misinformed as denigrating the American League in 1903, or the AFL in 1960.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm quitting today, because I'm filled with fail.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

What everyone involved with the league -- players, coaches, team officials, etc. -- calls it. Drives me nuts, too.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

The vast majority of MLS players aspire to some day move up to a higher level of competition.

That's sort of the definition of "minor league," no?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is poor little Sepp angry because MLS isn't filling his pockets with more less-than-ethical FIFA money?

Poor guy. Wish Pastor were on here more ... he'd bomb Blatter and most, if not all, of us would agree with him verbatim.

Draft saved Draft deleted