1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Separation of church and state apparently doesn't apply to everyone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 27, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know, I know it is different than the fraudulant lunatic fringe who creates sites like Media Matters, because they are credibile and never take any ridiculous leaps of jumping to conclusions nor are they ever loose with their use of "facts" and or "quote". I know, I it is different because, well, it is different.

2. No, it's different because, as the link provided makes clear, it trafficks in fraudulent quotes from people like James Madison that have been so roundly debunked that even the other people on that side of the argument don't use them any more. If you can find one specific example of something similar from MM, feel free. Otherwise, don't make loose, irrelevant comparisons.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fenian is far from a theological authority. His own Pope would call him "flawed."

Fenian, you're proof that power and authority can be dangerous considering that people actually buy what you say. And you're in need of more prayer than anyone here... and I mean that as a concern for your own person.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The theological nit returns!

5. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

See. Jg can't help it. He's like a lapdog, just looking for someone to follow and sadly, he's found a very lost, angry, bitter person.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Crasstor usually likes to be a bit iconoclastic. It's probably his way of saying designating a certain color of type as something is silly.

And those who want to be constructionist on the wording of the religion clause: I assume, then, that you're fine with the government taking the firearms of those who don't have them as part of a "well-regulated militia"

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Nope. But he knows what you did. Here's a little self-awareness test to help you pass the empty hours between media alerts from the John Birch hotline...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Mmm ... sea cucumbers ...

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I understand that moon snail was big at Woodstock.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted