1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Separating the fanboy from the journalist (or, "we" vs. "they")

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Batman, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Well, of course, he just blew through about 1,000 posts in less than two weeks ... no time to smell the roses ...

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

aren't all fanboi's on meth?

3. Oops, just checked my notes. MikeD scored 1,000 posts in about 17 days. He'll pass me by next week.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i blame meth ... i really do.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

he might pass you by the weekend, w-b

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Understandable, I guess, if they only see you when they play a certain team. That said, don't blame you a bit for disliking the insinuation.

Spnited, I understand and respect your position on AW's column. From this reader's point of view, his moment of weakness/school pride made for an interesting story... but that doesn't mean I favor widespread use of the communal "we" even by fans, much less working writers.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck. Someone's got to tell me when I become the topic of conversation. ...

I'm telling you guys, when it's just a shred of a life onto which you're clinging, 1,000-plus posts in 17 days is nothing. And I wasn't on the meth. I was eating Cocoa Puffs for dinner. So there.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

as stated above by another poster, i can't blame your instict. that phrase used to bug the shit out of me. but it no longer does. it's hard for me to dislike anyone's opinion who doesn't or shouldn't know any better.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw man, it's so much more fun to "talk" behind your back. ;D

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So long as that's all you're doing, Mr. Petty.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey, this ain't no full-disclosure site.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All right, then. Just remember I'm a person, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted