1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior reporter for UNC hoops, football

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He took a senior editor position with the Journal of Accountancy in Durham. I'm not sure, but he may also be working with other AICPA (American Institute of CPAs) publications. He's going from a company (McClatchy) that has obviously laid off quite a few people in the last few months and to the AICPA, which -- quite to the contrary -- is adding positions and actually has openings. Solid move in a lot of ways, certainly going to a much more stable company. He'll join several others who have escaped the newspaper industry to work at the AICPA.

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

When I read this paragraph, I could almost hear Charlie Brown's teacher reading it to me aloud...

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

AICPA is fine on all references, really.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Glad to hear he landed a good gig. He was always a great guy and certainly a fine journalist.

5. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Hope I'm wrong, but I will be stunned if they fill Ken's spot with another outside hire. N.C. State used to be the N&O's franchise beat, but those days are long gone. Still a very good beat, still very well read, it's just not UNC.

6. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

For those who question the pecking order and football appetite in the Triangle ... just received an email about $10 group tickets for the Duke-Carolina football game.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Guess it's another thread, but what does Sun-Sentinel do with Carter's spot?

8. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Based on recent history, another opportunity to promote and stay a man down, I presume.

Draft saved Draft deleted