1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior NFL writer, Sporting News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jdrtsn, Jun 26, 2007.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

First of all this is a great chance for someone that has written about the NFL for possibly a smaller paper that wants to move up to cover the league on a much bigger scale to get that chance.

Even if you have only written about college football why not send your clips in and if they say no see what you got to do to improve and get a yes a year down the road.

2. jdrtsn

jdrtsn New Member

Here's an update on our job search.

We received a gratifying response to our ads. We have narrowed the list to four candidates, all of whom cover the NFL or an NFL team now, and have set up the first round of interviews in Saint Louis. I think all the candidates who applied have been notified about their standing in the process, and if anyone has a question, please let me know.

John Rawlings
    jrawlings@sportingnews.com

3. jdrtsn

jdrtsn New Member

We are very happy to be able to announce that Clifton Brown, now with the New York Times, will join Sporting News as our new NFL Insider. As most of the people here know, Cliff is the national NFL writer for the Times. In addition to covering the NFL, Cliff has been the Times' national golf writer, national NBA writer and a Knicks and Nets beat writer during his 19 years there. He previously worked at the Detroit Free Press. Cliff will join us on September 19. You’ll see his work in the magazine and on our website, and he will be a frequent contributor to Sporting News Radio. I appreciate the interest people have shown.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Another staffer leaving the NYT? Tough stretch for the SE.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i didn't know AP style on st. was saint. live and learn, i guess.

6. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Well, they aren't the New Orleans Sts. are they?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

touche

8. sblust

sblust Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

So which one of those guys is going to be wearing the jersey?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the fat one.

Draft saved Draft deleted