1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior Editorial Coordinator - St. Louis Cardinals, LLC (St. Louis, MO)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by The Cubby Bear, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Found this one on TeamWorkOnline --- http://baseballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=26618

Experienced editor that can supervise outside resources and execute all facets of production for a monthly magazine and Club yearbook. Specifically, this position will assist with creative content, assign stories and photography, and act as liason with free-lance writers. Act as writing coach to freelancers; edit submissions to meet deadlines. Write feature stories, headlines and cutline that meet "SI" standards.

Candidate must have: 1. Successful track record as editor/writer in sports/baseball. 2. Proven ability to manage multiple production deadlines at once. 3. Experience in coaching free lance writers. 4. Have deep knowledge and appreciatin for the baseball and the Cardinal "brand.

Bi-lingual in Spanish helpful.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. How many years of print experience do you have?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Should it be "experienced editor that" or "experienced editor who?"
    I say who but what do I know?

Should I edit that ad and send it back in?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So I suppose many years of asking snotty questions to Tony LaRussa doesn't meet their definition of knowledge of the Cardinal brand?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

God, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Armchair_QB interviews for this gig.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Gotta be appreciatin' that Cardinal brand!

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

7. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

You think you would be disqualified if you include the phrase, "I have deep knowledge and appreciatin' for the baseball and the Cardinal brand (and the Jell-O puddin' pops)" in your cover letter?

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Atta boy

9. dieditor

dieditor Member

In all seriousness, what's a typical salary range for something like this?

Draft saved Draft deleted