1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior Editor, SportsXChange

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportsed, Jun 16, 2006.

1. donaugust

donaugust Member

That's fine -- we are all overworked on pretty much every desk everywhere. But I rejoiced when my paper cut back on usage of TSX.

2. SportsInsane

SportsInsane New Member

These would all seem to add up to so many red flags about this gig, you'd think you were in the Kremlin.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From their end, you're dealing with a bunch of freelancers. I know some guys who are great at what they do but they approach their freelance work with considerable non-chalance. And I know others who approach it the same way they do their daily work. So the copy will be all over the map. If there is too much to edit or not enough time to edit properly, well, we all know what the result will be.

I have received more PMs on this subject than about any other, which is saying something. Like the copy, it's all over the map. People who have shared my experiences with them, people who have had good experiences *** go in with your eyes open and ask a lot of questions. It could be a good gig.

Or not.

4. 20questions

20questions Guest

I'll stand on the "good company to work for" side. I just started freelancing for them last fall. Derek is great to deal with and never had a problem receiving a check.

5. BMuddMan

BMuddMan Member

Curious about the status of this one if anyone knows. Understood they had it down to a couple of people and possibly splitting responsibilities between the two.

Draft saved Draft deleted