1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior Editor, Sports Desk, Corpus Christi, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jun 29, 2010.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I heard that nobody from Ventura accepted the offer to go to Texas. If you've ever been to Ventura, you'll understand.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I have and I do.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely true.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Lived not too far from there years ago and would echo that.

5. mb

mb Active Member

The chief responsibility is booking sections and working with local sports editors but there will be some help needed on the desk to produce pages, sometimes at night.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Loved living there and loved working there. The sports gang there is good people. As to the higher-ups and corporate ... well, I've been gone for a long time. Lots of things have changed.

7. Three hours or so from Houston....about the same distance for San Antonio. I'd suppose that if the job went to someone who was single and had no dependents, a quickie hop on Southwest would be an option considering the scratch is well above average compared to what is out there.

8. mb

mb Active Member

I don't ever recall making the San Antonio/Corpus drive in more than 2 hours.

The one thing I learned out there is that either the state's too big to patrol, or the cops just don't give a shit how fast you drive, as long as you're not being a jackass about it.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It is The Pipeline's understanding that this has been rejected twice - not sure where it stands beyond that.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I know several folks who work at a McClatchy shop, and there's talk of a similar arrangement (with all the paginators in Charlotte) coming soon for that chain.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I saw that the ad has been taken down. Did they make a hire?

12. McClatchy officially dropped that plan on June 25.

Draft saved Draft deleted